home about me bucket list lico

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stu Surprise

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you."
My favorite bible verse (above). I lived by it this summer, in a lot of ways. I actually gave a sermon centered around it in women's chapel at the church camp I lived at for a majority of the summer. I think a lot of times, especially as a girl, I tend to plan things, any thing really. I plan my hours, my days, my weeks, my months, sometimes I even plan how my life will go in the next year, or couple of years. I don't think there is anything wrong with planning, I just think that especially with me, planning isn't always the way to go. I get upset when plans get broken - unnaturally upset. It causes me anxiety. I know that sounds stupid, but it's one of my flaws as a person I suppose. Regardless I have decided that I will only plan my life a week in advance. I say a week simply because at school it's impossible to stay organized if I'm not planning out my meetings, classes, etc.
I essentially just wanted to share with you what I discovered about myself this summer. I had an inkling that I was slightly crazy beforehand, I just discovered the reasoning behind it recently. hehe.

Moving on to the past few weeks! I got home from camp on July...oh jeez....July 28th I believe. Well, that's when camp ended, I left camp directly and headed to a sisterhood retreat for my sorority back at school. It was a great time, we went to a baseball game and ate lots of food. Typical girl stuff.





I look 100% awful in all of these pictures because I was EXHAUSTED from camp (a week of four hours of sleep each nights wears you down) and had no make up on, and my hair was disheveled. But it was a great time, I adore all of my sisters (:

The biggest event of all (I've been looking forward to this since Christmas), was my best friend Kelsey's wedding! She got married August 3rd in this gorgeous church in Columbus, and the ceremony was absolutely perfect (I bawled). Her and her husband (Austin) have been dating for SIX YEARS, and I was so happy I got to be there and share that happy moment with her. Plus, I positively adore weddings, so, bonusssss.

Kelsey and her bridesmaids, dancin' the night away

They had a photo booth at the wedding, that was fun lol





My favorite picture of the night, that's my other bestfrand, Olivia
Overall the past few weeks before I have to leave for school have been splendid. I got to spend all day at an art museum, and at the mall with my other best friend (we're a trio) Tessa today, which was a bunch of fun. I had back to school in five days, so that's exciting. I'm actually really ready to head back. I'm ready to be busy and distracted from stupid drama here. So bring on the schoolwork!

This was a random hodge-podge blog post (or as my sims would say "stu surprise"), but I needed to post something before I just forget I have a blog all together! Sorry for the randomness.

lico,
Megan

1 comment: