home about me bucket list lico

Thursday, July 19, 2012

God is so good.

Random late night thoughts - the epitome of my relationship with my blog.

Something happened tonight, about three hours ago. 7:58pm to be exact. I received a text from my ex-boyfriend. Normally this requires a horrible feeling at the pit of my stomach, blood immediately rushing to redden my entire face, and shaky hands as they open my phone. None of this occurred tonight.

It's not something large, it really isn't. But it's something important to me. I wrote him a letter about four days ago, explaining my experience at church camp (where we met twelve short years ago), and how inspired I was by God. I also told him that I learned something at camp, something I already knew deep down in my heart, but it was a lesson that needed to be preached directly to my soul.

You don't ever let your brothers or sisters falter in Christ.
You fight for them, you push for them, you love them unconditionally and most of all you pray for them.

I confessed to Brock that I had condemned him (truly I had), and his sins. I had judged him terribly and had no intention of ever thinking kindly of him again. I then apologized. No one deserves that judgement, no one. Not my worst enemy, not my best friend, not my mother...no one. I then proceeded to tell him that I wanted him to see the best in his life, to remember God, to love God, to turn to God and the rest would fall into place. That was the essential jist of my letter.

After I sent that letter I prayed to God. I had been doing so for about a week before hand, but my prayers were now more devoted, and more pointed towards my letter finding a way into Brock's heart so that he would see how much God loved him.

So back to that text. He told me that he stopped smoking about a month ago, and was trying to make things better in his life, bit by bit. He told me that things were starting to make sense in his life, that he was seeing other people on facebook lately talk about God, and some things had stuck out to him. Then he told me at the end that he was so happy I had written him a letter, that it was so nice to know that somebody still cared about him, and that he wasn't the least bit surprised that it was me. This was the line that brought tears to my eyes:

"So thank you for caring Megan you don't know how much it means to me."
Doesn't God work in mysterious ways?

lico,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I THOUGHT I COMMENTED ON THIS. just to say I'm proud of you and I love you, of course. kthanksbye.

    ReplyDelete