home about me bucket list lico

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Meaning of Life

So -

Why a bucket list? Here's the thing: I've been through a lot the past couple of years, well, a lot for a nineteen year old living in the 21st century. It's taken me a long time to realize what I want from my life. I used to be that girl who had her wedding planned out with her current boyfriend, her career planned out to the T, I knew where I was going to school, what I was going to major in, how long it was going to take me to graduate, etc. I was prepared to take on the world after I graduated high school. That changed however, when my boyfriend of three years broke my heart.

I will tell you the inspiration for my bucket list. It represents something much bigger than a list of things I want to do before I do. It represents how I want to live my life: constantly reaching for something bigger. I used to be afraid to stray off the beaten path, to try something different than I had planned for, but I'm not afraid now. I used my heartbreak, and strength from Jesus to pursue something larger than wallowing after my break up. I wanted to become a bigger person.

Therefore, my bucket list! I will forever reach for something more. I'm determined to keep adding things to this list, to be happy in exploring new things that I didn't originally plan on. I hope to do great things with my life, even if it means going outside of my comfort zone.

"Have you found joy in your life? Have you brought joy to others? Then you sir, have found the meaning of life." -Carter Chambers
lico,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. this was so lovely. I love that quote. alsoooo, what does "lico" mean? ;p you should post your bucket list on a page here somewhere! (: (:

    ReplyDelete