home about me bucket list lico

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

L.O.V.E

I've been super focused on my past lately. I know that my blog is "bucket list worthy" and the whole point of a bucket list is to focus on the future, and to focus on things that you want to do in your life, and not things that you have done. However, I want to write about love.


I was in love once. Still am I suppose, everyone says you never actually fall "out of love" with the first person who steals your heart. I used to think that I would have rather never fallen in love in the first place, than to have loved someone and then lost it. But when I look back on it, he taught me so much in life. Not to be cliche.


I'm blessed to have fallen in love, I truly am, especially at such a young age. A lot about him made me realize who I want to be in life, what I want to do. More importantly, who I really was. It's funny that someone can give you so much, and then they can take so much of you away. I fell apart when we broke up, but because I chose to accept the fact that our relationship was a blessing from God I've learned ways to cope, ways to move on.
"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love." - Max Muller
It was as soon as I had lost it that made me appreciate what I had when I had it. Love, that is. It's now that I appreciate every moment with my family, every laugh with my friends, every talk with my grandparents. Because love exists in more ways than one.
 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." - 1 John 4:7
The most important being love for God. I've struggled a lot with loving God, simply because He's not a human being, He doesn't exist to touch, or hug, or cry to when you've had a bad day. But He's more than there for you. I think that love for God is the most important love that exists. God's love for us never falters, we never lose His love because He loves us all unconditionally. So much that He sent His own son to die for us. When I remember the pain that He went through for us, it helps me remember that the pain involved in losing my love is nothing compared to His, and only temporary.

I am a strong person, no matter what I think about myself, underneath I know I'm strong - and it's all because I love God. I think sometimes that if I would have put my love for God in front of my love for Brock I wouldn't have been hurt so badly. I don't know that for sure, but I do know that from now on, that will be the case. I saw this quote once,
"A women's heart should be so buried in God that a man should have to go through Him first, to get to her." 
I want that to be the case, therefore, I'm going to focus on loving God, the rest will fall into place.

lico,
Megan




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Just like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet baby doll darling honey.
    I love you.
    you are too, too cute.
    and you are strong. you really are.
    I think we could all work on loving God more, really. it's pretty much a never-ending journey.
    I love you.
    did I already say that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post. it's really so true. God will see us through.

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to be reminded of God's love for us! We tend to forget because like you said, He is not a physical being. But God is always on our side and loves us so much. It's amazing, He knows EVERYTHING about us. What we do, what we say, even what we think...but His love for us is unconditional. Amazing post!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete